In today’s digital world it is necessary to implement a variety of digital strategies like search engine optimization services, social media marketing and PPC consultants (pay-per-click advertising) to seduce audiences towards a upcoming brand. Digital marketing uses the Internet as the main tool of promotion used on electronic devices like computers, laptops, tablets, and smartphones.
Search Engine Optimization – SEO
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a group of activities aimed to improve your website’s ranking in search engine results, especially, by improving your chances of being found when users are searching for the products and services you offer.
With a combination of on-page and off-page tools, the goal of any SEO campaign is to drive high-quality traffic to your website, outrank the competition and win new customers.
SEO includes your company’s website ranking on a search page. It primarily deals in finding ways and implementing strategies to improve your website’s search engine rankings and indexing results to gain more visibility and traffic for your business website.
SEO can be a long process and have long-term results. You can hire digital marketing agencies to do the dirty work so you can focus on what the business will be about, its products and services. Just make sure when choosing the right SEO company to search on the search engines the clients they work for to have proof of their work efficiency. SEO agencies help you target your audience so your marketing campaigns are specifically directed to your potential consumers. Having this in consideration, for example, if your business wants to focus on selling to people living in Miami is a good idea to look for a Miami SEO consultant that will be more familiar with the area and have more expertise on what keywords are used more to search on Google.
Social Media Marketing – SMM
Social media marketing is a completely new, but vital part of online marketing that has taken off in the last few years. Having an ongoing social media presence has become anvital part for expanding your reach and establishing a good reputation on the Web.
A brief definition of it is the process of driving traffic to your website or gaining attention online through social media sites.
Social media marketing is very important to enhance and support search engine optimization (SEO) efforts because social media can spread information super fast when done correctly. When a page of a website or a link is found by social media users, it can then go ‘viral’ pointing many links back to the website which in turn is seen as a sign of popularity to the search genies and giving a boost in rankings to the said site.
Marketers and website owners use these sites to gain an audience, get links, and boost their profit. Social media marketing involves creating campaigns and measuring the results. A site owner must set a budget and engage in paid advertising online. Social media sites are now equipped with campaign advertising tools to help businesses promote their products and sites.
Main differences between SEO and SMM
SEO -Search Engine Optimization
1) Is a set of ongoing best practices used for your website and blog to generate organic results and be found online via the top search engines.
2) SEO relies on using specific keywords in your web content taking into consideration how search engines work, what people search for, the search terms or keywords that are typed into search engines making possible for people to find your site via search engines.
3) It uses creative content on headlines and descriptions to attract users’ clicks.
4) Uses search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo, Ask, Baidu, DuckDuckGo, etc.
SMM – SEO Social Media Marketing – SMM
1) Is for generating quality traffic and brand awareness to gain engagement through social media platforms.
2) Social media relies on the interaction between users sharing information and forming a community according to different subjects.
3) It uses creativecontent, which is presented accordingly to attract the audience towards your products or services and gather followers using pictures, videos, banners and more. It mainly uses visual content.
4)Uses RSS feeds, social news and bookmarking sites, video and blogging sites, as well as social networking sites, such asTwitter, Google+, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr, etc.
Both SEO and SMM are powerful techniques that you can use to reach a broad range of audiences, boost your keyword ranking position, and increase profit. If utilized correctly, this two can be effective in achieving your site’s objective.